Forum Discussion

Tchaika
New Contributor
5 years ago

CableCard Service

Does Cox steadfastly refuse to sell just CableCard service or is every single rep I've spoken with misinformed?  I've tried online ordering, the 800 number, loyalty, and the store, and nobody will sell me just CableCard.  They all claim that I need at least one Contour Box, but I'm reasonably certain that FCC regulations say they have to give me CableCard if I request it, and as someone with just a single TV I have absolutely no need for a Contour Box that's just going to sit on a shelf and collect dust at $10/mo.  I want to be able to use my TiVo with Cox.

There were pretty aggressive Cyber Monday deals in my market, which are all gone now, so I'm probably hosed regardless, though I did file an FCC Complaint and attached the deal I wanted to it, so maybe corporate can honor that pricing whenever the complaint lands on their desk.  It's absurd that I have to jump through hoops like this to add TV service to my existing and in good standing Cox (currently internet only) account.  With the whole industry hemorrhaging linear video customers you'd think they'd take the win and sign me up even if I'm asking for something slightly out of the ordinary.

Does anyone have any insight into this?  I'd love to find someone at Cox who can resolve this for me and permit me to withdraw the FCC complaint.

1 Reply

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    I'm not aware of any changes with regards to CableCard policies however we may not have any promotional offers for CableCard based services. I'd suggest calling in to our sales team to see what options are available. Visit http://bit.ly/2DTRPOE to find the correct phone numbers to reach sales in your area.

-Chris