Forum Discussion

Vickster
New Contributor
5 years ago

Cable TV has been out for a day. Any other suggestions?

TV is out. Cox support tells me that they are not able to get a signal out to my residence and can’t have a service person come to my house for 3 days. Is there anything else that I can try to fix it?  I have reset and unplugged everything several times, and that doesn’t work.  I think the problem may be with the junction box that sits in one of my neighbors’ back yards.

3 Replies

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Vickster

If you have other boxes that are working can you try using that outlet and see if the box works. Also, are you receiving an error code?

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator

Vickster
      New Contributor

Thanks, Jonathan.  All the TV boxes say they have  “detected an interruption to your service”. The large receiver TV is just stuck on “loading”.  It worked for several hours yesterday, then went off again in the evening and has been off ever since. Would a defective digital receiver cause all the boxes to not work?  I could pick up another receiver and see if that works if that is the case.  I just got a new one about a month ago.

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hi Vickster, it all depends. If a customer has DVR service with a host receiver and multiple client receivers, then if the host receiver is problematic, this can impact all receivers. Do you have a splitter in the home, or an amplifier? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator