Forum Discussion

sprint_car
New Contributor
5 years ago

NBCSN has had choppy/jerky video for about three weeks on myTV.

Technician was out last week and replaced my cable box but that did not fix it.  Hockey and racing was the worse I guess due to the speed of the camera action.  Hockey and racing on my other channels are just fine.  It's just NBCSN

22 Replies

ManUMan
    New Contributor

I am having the same problem - choppy/jerky video of soccer matches.  I first thought it was my DVR, but it happens with live viewing as well, with soccer as well as other programming. Doesn't happen to any other sports channels I watch, only NBCSN.

Is this a feed problem from NBC or do I need to make adjustments to my equipment, or cancel my service?

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi ManUMan, we wouldn't want you to leave the Cox family, and we can definitely investigate this further for you. Are all receivers impacted or only one receiver? Is this constant, or does this happen at specific times of the day? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
        sprint_car
        New Contributor

Hey Kevin, I can speak for my issue.  I only have one receiver in my home but I had it replaced a couple of weeks ago and it did not fix it.  There is not one certain time of the day that it happens, it happens any time of the day.  It's more noticeable during sports shows where the  view is on wide shots and the action moves like hockey, racing, or soccer. The close up shots like talk shows are far less noticeable.

gyrfalcon
    New Contributor

I am having the same problem in Fairfax County VA. Commercials and slow content is fine, but high action fast moving content like hockey is very jerky and almost unwatchable. I wonder if Cox is performing additional compression on this channel or something. Also started about 3 weeks ago for me. 

ironically, my over-the-top NHL.tv streaming video quality is better than the linear NBCSN. 

Cox reps if you’re listening I took a video of this if that helps. 

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      @gyrfalcon, to have the video reviewed, please include a link to this forum thread and email us at cox.help@cox.com. We'd be glad to review this further. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    jonny
    New Contributor

I am having the same problems. Any fast moving content is choppy. I have two boxes and it happens on both, whether live or DVR.

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Jonny

Can you also contact my team the next time this happens?

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
        pupdocdiver
        New Contributor

I had this problem several months ago. Then it resolved. It came back again during lat night's hockey game.  What can I do. this is extremely frustrating.  I checked with a friend who has a different provider and his picture was fine. HELP!

sprint_car
    New Contributor

I watched hockey tonight on NBCSN and everything was good.  Problem solved for me in Tulsa, for now anyway.

Marteau9999
      New Contributor

Having same issues for a few weeks as well. Only NBCSN. 2 different TV’s. Cox - can you please let us know what you’ve found?

avmiag
    New Contributor

Same here. Northern VA. NBCSN channel only. Sometimes problem disappears but last 2 weeks it was there 100% of the time.

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      @avmiag, can you please email us at cox.help@cox.com, so we can investigate this further? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      npurkat3
      New Contributor

I’m having the same problem. Glad this is not just my tv but incredibly annoying since all I watch is hockey 

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hello, I am having this issue investigating further. When we receive additional information regarding channel NBCSN, we will gladly follow up in this thread. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator