Forum Discussion

RCaugh
New Contributor II
5 years ago

As of Monday I can no longer set up DVR recordings with the Cox Connect Phone App What's the Story?

I called Cox and the girl said to use the web.  Is this feature coming back?  The Contour App doesn't have the feature to set up a recording using the app either.  

10 Replies

• Hello RCaugh. Our apps do not support scheduling dvr recordings at this time and I am not aware of any plans to add this feature to the apps. However, I will submit this request to our programming team on your behalf. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      RCaugh
      New Contributor II

This is very disappointing.  We used this feature often while out.  Just have to say it seems odd that you introduce all these features but take away one very basic feature people really liked.  I can use the webpage but it's not nearly as convenient, and difficult to navigate on a phone.  Thanks

Rosebud84
        New Contributor III

I was going to post the same comment as well.  Easier to open the app than have to go through 

logging on the website.  I also hate that I have to have a separate app just so I can see my call history.  

I don’t make calls on my landline through the app.

E__COATS
      New Contributor

Such a dumb move to remove the record feature. I can't figure out how to do it from the website.  Very disappointed. 

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        @E.COATS, once you log in to the Cox website using your credentials, please visit the "My Account" section. Once there, click on "TV Listings" under the"TV" header. Click on the content you wish to record, and then click "Record" on the bottom-right of the screen. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Northernlights
      New Contributor

Allan, You DO realize that all of your competitors offer this valuable and commonly used feature in their apps? DirecTV, Dish, etc. And the fact that you used to have it and removed it? Does your marketing team have any idea what customers really want? Memo to Cox: We want this service.

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      @Win1M, thank you for bringing this to our attention. On our previous Cox Connect app, customers could set/modify recordings on the home DVR from this app. I have submitted feedback requesting that this article be updated to reflect the correct information. Our new Cox app does not have the ability to set recordings. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator