Forum Discussion

CoxUser30
New Contributor
5 years ago

I cannot launch the Netflix app on my new Contour 1 box. I receive error code APPS04154. Netflix launched fine a week ago but several days later started displaying this message. I have reset my DVR box, done a system refresh and reset Netflix.

I cannot launch the Netflix app on my new Contour 1 box. I receive error code APPS04154. Netflix launched fine a week ago but several days later started displaying this message. I have reset my DVR box, done a system refresh and reset Netflix.

18 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, are both receivers affected by this error code? Is this a Contour wireless receiver? This error typically points to information stored on the device that needs to be refreshed. If this is a wireless receiver, please reboot the modem first, and then reboot the wireless receiver. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      CoxUser30
      New Contributor

Only the Contour DVR box is affected. the wireless receiver is able to launch Netflix. I have power-cycled the DVR, done a system refresh and reset Netflix from the troubleshooting menu with the remote. I also rebooted the modem.

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hello, I have submitted this issue to our Video Escalations Team for review. We hope to have more information for you within the next 72 business hours, and I thank you for providing this information. We apologize for the inconvenience. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Vyrenee, we are now handling this issue on a case-by-case basis. Are you currently receiving that same error code (APPS04154)? If so, can you please unplug the modem and plug it back in after about 10 seconds. After, please also manually reboot the Contour devices. If issues persist, please include a link to this forum thread and email us at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
        PCS
        New Contributor

So -- ME TOO ... Just upgraded from a ten year old TV (and had used several other TVs) where Cox worked fine and were able to use Contour voice commands to get to Netflix, move around channels, etc without a problem.  We just connected a brand new LG TV (Model LG 50UM7300PUA) and, well, audio commands are gett APPS04154 (and, sometimes, xre 09012).  I have done a box reset. I have checked & rechecked all the cables. This is extremely frustrating.