Forum Discussion

breaker8
New Contributor
5 years ago

Football in Spanish again. This is ridiculous!

Both games, channels 11 and 12. Tried everything SAP on and off. Reboot. Called COX. No solution!

19 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

If you've already checked to verify your receiver's SAP is OFF and/or your Audio Language is set to Primary, then you should check the SAP settings for your TV to verify it is OFF.  Both your receiver and TV SAP settings must be OFF.  

gtr_sb
    New Contributor III

Same here.  It had only been FOX, channel 11 for the past week or so...but yesterday was also channel 12.  Many others in my area have the same issue, this is definitely a problem with COX and not TV/Cable box settings.

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hello, is this happening on all content for Channels 11 and 12 or only during live sporting events? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
        gtr_sb
        New Contributor III

Only during football games that I've seen.  Commercials and other TV shows are in English, so I know it is not the SAP setting.  It first happened during Thursday Night Football between the 49ers and Cardinals, then it happened for the USC vs. Oregon NCAA football game.  On Sunday, 11/3/19 all NFL games on both 11 and 12 were in Spanish.  

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Perhaps English is now Secondary Audio.

lendonm
    New Contributor

Same here for me. Fix this *** already Cox before I cancel this *** contract!

lendonm
    New Contributor

So I figured it out. You need to hit pause on your remote then go left to where it says SAP. Switch it to english and it will work. 

SD51
      New Contributor

Thank you so much. Your tip did the trick. I can’t tell you much time I wasted trying to figure this out on my own. 

lendonm
    New Contributor

So I figured it out. You need to hit pause on your remote then go left to where it says SAP. Switch it to english and it will work. 

mx2one
    New Contributor

Trying to watch Fox 5 NFL, commentators are in spanish, commercials are in english, referee calls are in english.  what is going on with this country????