Forum Discussion

Togepi
New Contributor
5 years ago

Customer support for connecting Contour 2 to a Hub?

Is there any available customer support for exactly how to connect the Contour 2 to a Hub in order to connect it to Alexa or Google? Is there anyone at Cox knowledgeable enough to help me through this? So far, I have talked to six different people, three of which have talked to their supervisors, and no one has the slightest idea of what to do. I am setting it up so that a disabled person will be able to use your service, if that is at all possible for one to do, or should the disabled leave your company now?

6 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Comcast offers the Xfinity X1 Eye Control.  The web-based remote connects to eye-trackers, sip-and-puffers, etc to control the cable box.

If you don't have Comcast in your area, the Eye Control might be compatible with Contour because it's basically the same platform as X1.

Togepi
      New Contributor

She can use a pencil to hold down the voice button. Is there a way to train the remote to understand what she is saying? 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I'd suspect not with a pencil in her mouth.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Doesn't Contour 2 already have a Voice Remote?

Togepi
      New Contributor

My mother cannot use her hands so the remote is useless.

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hi Togepi, we're deeply sorry to learn about your monther's condition, and I understand this experience has left you frustrated and upset. At this time, Amazon Alexa is not compatible with our Contour 2 system. This is due a variety of factors that are currently outside of Cox's control. I have submitted a request to our Contour 2 team that handles guide enhancements, to see if this can be looked into in the near future. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator