Forum Discussion

CB_CT777
New Contributor
5 years ago

ESPN HD becomes Pixelated, unwatchable during Monday Night Football when on TV

Hello,

This problem has come up before, but no solution was posted. Since the previous post is locked, I'm creating a new one. This problem does not occur when streaming other Cox HD channels, for example TNTHD during movies, and seems to happen primarily during the live stream of Monday Night Football (MNF) specifically.Other channels have been checked during the same time as MNF streaming and do not have the issue.

I'm having the exact same problem as the one posted here. In addition to the details provided, the picture quality becomes unwatchably pixelated, the entire stream freezes, and the movement is choppy even when the HD is working. Whether streaming on my laptop or via HDMI to the TV, the issue persists.

In attempting to diagnose the problem I have tried both wired (cat7) and wireless internet connections and using 3', 6', and 10', 4k rated hdmi cables. I'm streaming from a Lenovo laptop with a Radeon Vega integrated graphics card. Internet speed test shows 261.8 Mbps down and 11.9 Mbps up via ethernet cable. The TV is a LG 55" OLED. I'm streaming from Hartford. 

As far as I can tell, there is no hardware or connectivity issues that could explain the extremely poor quality. Other channels stream without the same quality issues. 

Looking for solutions/explanations. Hoping this isn't a throttling issue with a busy ESPN MNF live stream.

Thanks!

10 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, thank you for reaching out to us about Monday Night Football. Are you using the Contour App, watchtv.cox.com, or are you streaming from ESPN's website itself? From what you described it appears to happen on a website as well as the Contour HD receiver, is that correct? Does this occur every Monday night? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      CB_CT777
      New Contributor

Hey Kevin, thanks for the quick reply. I'm streaming via watch.cox.com using Chrome (Version 78.3904.70 | 64-bit) on an up-to-date Windows 10 laptop. So far it has occurred every Monday night during the MNF game. Haven't tried it on other platforms. I don't have the receiver when I log-in to watch MNF, as I'm usually on the road.

Allan
        @CB_FF579. Are you experiencing this issue with multiple devices? -Allan