Forum Discussion

Itgirl
New Contributor
5 years ago

Cannot connect internet to TV.

Yesterday I was on Twitter with a Cox rep. Person indicated my network correction was incorrect, had a previous cable company, Network showed ATT....She stated she was going to reset my modem, never did. Another person said possibly my TV didn't like the password, which was ridiculous, & stated to contact Samsung.. Cox is responsible for the network settings to connect Wi-Fi throughout my home. I am able to watch TV, use my internet. I am just trying to connect my internet to my smart TV to browse the web and read email on my TV. Cox was installed 2 weeks ago and I gave my network name and password to the installer. This password will not work on my network TV , possibly because the network name is incorrect. I want to know if I will lose everything if I reset my password. I believe the network also has to be changed, but I do don't want to do it for fear of losing all my connections throughout my wifi home. I have a Samsung Smart TV, LED. The modem is a panoramic. Hopefully someone can help me, as this has been going on for over a week and I have spoke with Cox on the phone for hours, only to be disconnected and no help. I was on Twitter. Please can someone help me. Thank you

32 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

You will not lose everything if you reset your password.  You would, however, lose everything if you reset your router to its factory-default settings.

Network devices (TV) only require the frequency of your network (2.4 or 5 GHz), the name of your wireless network (SSID) and the encryption key of your wireless network...if that's what you mean by "password."  If you wire your TV, you won't need the frequency, SSID and key.

You're probably entering the wrong key into the TV.

How does your TV respond after entering your network credentials?

Itgirl
      New Contributor

What do you mean networking credentials I don't understand

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Credentials are the frequency your router is broadcasting (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz)...the name of your network and the encryption key of your wireless network.

Itgirl
        New Contributor

Got an error message

The page you requested is not available

Sorry, we are having a problem executing your request.
        It is possible your bookmark is old one or you just meet broken link.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

If you don't know the information for your wireless network, you can use another wireless device connected to your wireless network.  It'd be like a cheat sheet.  What's the OS of another wireless device?

coxisajoke
    New Contributor

Cox has really gone downhill.  Came home Friday and everything was off because if some ** they did in the area.  After hours n the phone, they will come out 6 days later to find out what they screwed up.  This is my 5th outage.  Their response to help customers is utterly ridiculous......  My neighbors in the same condo have ATT and they are always on and have great reception.  No problems on customer support.  When I get a chance I am switching in a heart beat...  Cox is horrible.... when asked about some outage they said they did not have to divulge information to customers... screw COX

Karen_R
      Former Moderator
      Hello Coxisajoke,

Thank you for reaching out to Cox Forum Support. I truly apologize that the services are not working properly and that we have not fully resolved the issue. We can take a look into your account. Please send an email with this forum link, your full name, and address to cox.help@cox.com. We will reply back once we receive the email. Thanks

Karen
      Cox Support Forum