Forum Discussion

Claws
New Contributor
5 years ago

Hearing Spanish in background during Thursday Night Football

We are watching the opening night of the NFL and can hear the Spanish translation softly in the background. I made sure we had English selected as our language and we did. Just for kicks, I switched it to Spanish and it began broadcasting only English—but every other channel is Spanish. I have also had a few channels randomly begin broadcasting with the video description for the visually impaired playing. Assuming this is some kind of Cox bug? Only had Cox for a few months in a brand new house and it is terrible. We have had all kinds of problems. 

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III
    I made sure we had English selected as our language and we did. Just for kicks, I switched it to Spanish and it began broadcasting only English

From that I'll guess you're streaming with a browser or using the Contour app and not watching the TV broadcast.  When I watch the NFL game on watchtv.cox.com (NBC) with Chrome, I hear the same thing you're hearing.  There is English audio with Spanish in the background when SAP is OFF, but audio is clear English when SAP is ON.  There is no issue with TV audio on the Contour box.

Oren
      New Contributor

It is happening right now (8:20 Saturday night) on ABC channel 7 with the cable box.; not the app. We had the same on NBC channel 4 on Thursday night. There is nothing wrong with our SAP settings. All other channels are in English as normal. We called customer service Thursday night and they tried to gaslight us as well. Hard to believe Cox has NO IDEA what's going on.

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hi Oren, I'm sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with our customer service team. Is this issue still occurring on channel 4 and 7, and are all receivers currently impacted by this? I checked the feed for both channels in your market, to see if there is an issue with the video feed supplied by the broadcaster. At this time, we are unable to replicate this issue. We suggest turning the SAP settings on and then immediately off. If the issue persists, please email us at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Claws, is this happening on the Contour App or on the receiver itself? Is one channel affected or multiple channels? We're sorry you have to experience this issue on the opening night of the NFL season. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Claws
      New Contributor

Hi, Kevin. It was just the one channel that was affected. Hasn’t happened again. We were watching through our Contour cable box. Thanks. 

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hi Claws, if this happens again, please email us at cox.help@cox.com so we can take a closer look. Please include the platform (app or receiver), and the affected channel(s). -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Ian_Gillan
    New Contributor

We've been dealing with the same issue since upgrading to Contour and moving have a mile across the street. Pre-season football on channel 7 would start in English and then switch to Spanish and reverted back twice, finally settling on Spanish. I actually kept the recorded game and played it for the Cox representative on the phone so he could hear it switch between languages. He had never encountered the glitch. I told him I cannot be the only guy in Orange County that has this issue. It did it again on the national NBC Sunday Night Football game last night. Channels 2 and 11 don't do it, and neither has any cable broadcast. I have to go in to SAP and check the box for Spanish and the game then reverts to English. For the record, the Sunday night games on channel 4 actually have no audio until I check the Spanish box and then it goes to English. Channel 7 actually broadcasts in Spanish until corrected.