Forum Discussion

davephx
New Contributor II
5 years ago

Cox Advanced TV no lineup only contour doesn't match (Phoenix)

I just had a 2011 Tivo Romeo 4XL go out (bad drive) and replaced with latest Bolt+ But have to redo all my zillions of selected programs to record and set up channels available. And I lost about 100 saved recorded programs you cannot recover :(

When I go to my bill under it says "see channel selections". Which takes me to a guide with 5 choices, none of which are for advanced TV but are all Contour. In my account, it says it has 140 choices (plus I have a bunch of premium channels).

I use none of the SD channels only those above 1000 and been with cox for over 20 years. The Contour listing that says 140 channels has none of the 1000 ranges. I simply need a current list of what channels I can get to set up so have in guide menu etc. I called Cox (all 4 support numbers were down as well as chat during the big Phoenix outage) but then their phones were back up. Support said advanced TV was the same as 140 on Contour. But then found none of my 1000 range channels are on the list (1036, 1063, 1062 I record daily and many others).

Maybe Cox Advanced TV is the same as Contour Ultimate.but nothing seems to match. I have googled extensively and all the cox pages and others that come up with Cox Advanced TV are just all about Contour.

All I want is a channel list of what my package includes :)

4 Replies

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Cox converted SD channels to HD a while back.  So, the numbers below 1000 could be HD.  But if you prefer to use channels 1000+, just add 1000 to the number that's listed in the guide.  36=1036, 63=1063, 62=1062, etc.  See if that will work.

davephx
      New Contributor II

That is helpful and I see on the channels I know I can get TIVO has an option saying view in HD.... but having other issues with cable card which am getting a tech out for.  i.e. cannot go to 36 etc., the old SD equivalents,- get not authorized even though been getting them via 1036 etc for 20 years.   Issue may be with old cable card and  tech will come out tomorrow morning 

• @dave in phoenix Hi Dave in Phoenix. First, as the standard channels are in HD quality now, you really don't need the 1000 channels. This way, it is simpler to scroll through the channels. Seconds, to find out what channels you are subscribed to, you will need a copy of the bill, which you can see on the cox website and this channel lineup - www.cox.com/.../Phoenix-Metro-Area.pdf. You will match the description under the TV section on your bill to the matching section on this lineup. For example, if under the TV section of the bill, you see Cox TV Starter, you would find that heading in the channel lineup and those are the channels that correspond. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      davephx
      New Contributor II

But that link only shows contour accounts which I do not have.  I have "Cox Advanced TV" Is that equivalent to some Contour acct and if so which one?  That has been my confusion, no channel listing for my account