Forum Discussion

JRD59
New Contributor II
5 years ago
Solved

Contour 2 Delete Function Missing

I have two questions about the Contour 2.

1. What happened to the delete function for the DVR? I used to be able to scroll through my recorded programs and delete them if I decided not to watch them and now that function is gone. I now have to fast forward the program to the end in order to receive a popup box asking if I want to delete it. 

2. When I scroll through the TV schedule, If a program has been on before, there is a grey box that says "Repeat". If it was a new program, it used to have "New" highlighted in blue and It is now highlighted in grey.

Is my Contour 2 receiver faulty or are these new changes?

• Same thing  here. Did reboot - still no delete.  Yes I can delete using the D button but what happened to the delete icon?

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Pauldv
    New Contributor III

Same thing  here. Did reboot - still no delete.  Yes I can delete using the D button but what happened to the delete icon?

JRD59
      New Contributor II

When I saw the reply of my original post I just called support because the moderator completely avoided answering my questions. After a 40 minute session with support, I was able to get the delete icon back for about 2 days then it disappeared again. I won't even go into everything I've been through this week concerning this but after 3 lengthy phone calls with support, it seems to be my Contour 2 receiver is faulty.

• I noticed this too and reached out to Cox on Twitter. They had no clue about any changes and the ability to delete with the D button. I had to Google it to solve my own problem. Thanks for notifying us Cox that you made a major change to the functionality of Contour. Now the system is super slow and can take 30 seconds to change the channel. I’m off to ask Google for help. 

JRD59
      New Contributor II

I went to the Cox Solutions Store this morning and swapped out my Contour 2 receiver. I knew I would lose all of my DVR recordings but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make in order to have a proper operating receiver. Now I have a supposedly new Contour 2 receiver, still no delete icon and the clock is super dim with it set on 3.

CuriousJ
        Contributor

I just called the Cox customer service number. It picks up after a few rings but then silence. Nothing. Not even the dreaded dial 1 for.... WTF COX???