This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is a Contour 2 device "bound" to a certain cable connection/TV set within my home?

I have two Contour 2 devices (main and satellite).   Last night I wanted to experiment swapping the two boxes on my two TV sets because I have issues with Netflix watching on the main device (video "stutters") and I don't have this problem on the set with the satellite device.

I swapped the two boxes and noticed that neither would boot.  I then noticed that I had no Cox services; phone and Internet were out.  I called Cox support and they said they couldn't connect to me to test connectivity; I then called neighbor on cell phone (also Cox customer) and she wasn't having any problems.   I put both devices back in their original location and within 10 minutes my services were back.

I suppose it could be a coincidence that I had some sort of Cox outage when I tried this but the timing seems suspect, especially since the service came back on its own (I guess) after putting both devices back in their original location?

Did I cause this mini-outage or should I be able to swap my Contour devices with my two TV sets?

Rob

Parents
  • It sounds like a momentary issue with your Internet modem.  If it's an all-in-one device (Internet/phone/WiFi), it would cause a complete outage.

Swap again to duplicate.

How is the "stuttering" box connected to the Internet...wired or wireless?  There are a few things to troubleshoot without relocating equipment.  You could use a wired connection, increase its QoS on the router, swap the HDMI cables, review the video settings on the TV. etc.  If you still can't correct the stuttering, exchange the box.

Reply Children
No Data