Forum Discussion

AliceFaye
New Contributor
5 years ago

Where's the Freeview?

So I checked my ON DEMAND menu this morning at 7am CST, and no Freeview. Checked again at 8am CST, and still no Freeview. Ran some errands, came back, checked the On DEMAND menu again, and guess what? Still no Freeview. Here it is May 2nd almost half over and you still haven't got the Freeview started.

Seriously Cox, get your act together. This is exactly why I and many other people are ditching you the split second we have any kind of an option.

14 Replies

• We are currently working through a technical issue that is preventing the free preview from coming up. We are working to restore this as soon possible.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      AliceFaye
      New Contributor

Well that was more technically substantive than the usual replies from Mods, so I'll hold my breath for a little while. Since you delayed the start, does this mean you'll extend the Freeview us Cox customers were promised?

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

It's listed under Premiums; however, it's slim pickings.  HBO, for example, has 22 shows for Game of Thrones.  There are no actual 1-hour episodes but instead 22 inside-the-series and behind-the-scenes looks into the show.  It's kinda dumb.

AliceFaye
      New Contributor

This should be totally incorrect. The e-mail and the looping video commercial that runs on channel 1 said specifically customers should go to Channel 1/Freeview. Period. End of sentence. The Channel 1 video promo advertised ENTIRE episodes of premium channel tv shows as well as movies. Also, just checked and there's no "Freeview" in Premiums.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III
        This should be totally incorrect.

Okay.  What's supposed to be on Channel-1?  All I see is am annoying woman yammering about nonsense.  Is that not supposed to be on Channel-1...or is there supposed to be some type of directory to free views?

Anyway, I'll assume it's just another false claim from Cox.

Robigus
      New Contributor

That isn't the Freeview That is just their regular teaser previews.