Forum Discussion

Chandler_Viewer
New Contributor
5 years ago

Screen Saver Every Five Minutes

This evening the screen saver (mountain scenery, etc.) has been coming on every five minutes (no exaggeration). The audio from the show stays on, but I lose the picture I was watching. It goes away if I click any button, but it's very annoying. Suppose I wasn't home now, but was recording the show? I would come home to find that I'd recorded the screen saver. This actually did happen a week or two ago. Is this a problem Cox is aware of?

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Chandler Viewer,

You can manage Contour 2 Device Settings to specify when the screen saver activates. Press the CONTOUR button on the Cox remote. Highlight the Settings gear icon, then press OK. Highlight Device Settings, then press OK. Use the down arrow to highlight Screen Saver, then press OK. Screen Saver Starts After is already highlighted, press OK. Use the up and down arrows to highlight 5, 15, or 30 minutes, or 5 hours, then press OK.

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

This is a serious question.  Why would a screen saver ever be wanted on TV?  What's the purpose?

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Mouth is correct about plasma.  I have a plasma and it suffers burn-in.  LED technology isn't as vulnerable to burn-in.  OLED, however, just as plasma, is susceptible to burnt-in images.

• Hi CurtB,

Screen Saver feature is a device setting available on Contour 2 receivers, however, this is not offered on Contour 1.

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

MariaL, I think we all knew that.  I certainly did.