Forum Discussion

andyri
New Contributor
6 years ago

On Demand Bug?

I tried to watch an episode of a show on HBO last night, which was scheduled to air later in the day. I was unable to select that specific show to watch, yet all other episodes were available. FYI, the episode was from a few weeks ago so it was not something new that very well could be restricted.

9 Replies

• Which show and episode are you trying to access exactly?

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      andyri
      New Contributor

Attempting to watch True Detective, season 3 episode 4 on Sunday night.  First time I tried, it showed me that it was already in progress on HBO2 and all i could do was join in progress, unable to start from beginning.  I tried again an hour later, after that live episode had finished, and I was also unable to watch that episode because there was another scheduled viewing later that night.

StephanieS
        Andyri

Have you attempted to watch this program via On Demand? Since you're subscribed to HBO it doesn't cost anything at all.

StephanieS
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

It sounds like a bug because there is no logical reason to not play.  I'm glad I stuck with Rovi.

Is there an option with Contour to ignore "Live" suggestions while browsing on-demand?

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I read the options to watch on-demand.  There are 4 options to watch...based on if it's a rental or not...but if you're seeing Watch, it should play.

The bug could be if Cox, or whoever, tagged episode-4 as a rental, so Contour is suggesting More Ways to Watch.  Nothing you can do but wait for someone to fix it...or stream it via HBO Go.  I have it on my Roku.

www.cox.com/.../accessing-and-viewing-contour-2-on-demand-tv-shows-and-movies.html

andyri
      New Contributor

Yes, I did watch it via another device.  Was just annoying that I had to do that.  On Demand should mean just that, and not be impacted by the fact that it was viewing live at some point in that day.