Forum Discussion

sethm1
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

IR blaster and cisco explorer 9865hdc

Where is the IR on the box and is there a setting i need to change in settings?

Trying to set up my harmony elite remote.

• Where is the port for an IR blaster?  According to its Details page, it's labeled on the rear of the unit and illustrated as #7 in the breakdown.  As far as settings, it's probably all remote-code inputs.

17 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Where is the port for an IR blaster?  According to its Details page, it's labeled on the rear of the unit and illustrated as #7 in the breakdown.  As far as settings, it's probably all remote-code inputs.

• Same issue here with my logitch harmony elite. That remote does not recognize the contour 2 box - cisco explorer 9865 hdc.

sethm1
      Contributor

Brian, no luck so far. Logitech says the harmony remote itself must be working given that when i press the buttons on the harmony elite, that the hub flashes. Their suggestion was setting up an IR blaster. So connected the ir baslter placing the sensor on the front right side of the box and plugged the jack/cable end into the back of the harmony hub. Then set the harmony to recognize  the ir. But still no luck!!! 

ColleenD
        Sethm1, What model option are you choosing during setup? Perhaps connect the IR blaster to the IR port on the box? Our support for the Harmony remote is limited, so hopefully another customer has set it up successfully and can chime in, but I've heard some customers have had success selecting Scientific Atlanta GSH 9865 instead of the Cisco 9865HDC. -Colleen, Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • The logitech hub has inputs for its ir blaster.  Is there not a IR lite on the front of the cable box?

i am guessing the logitechs IR blaster cable, even if fits the input at the back of box wont work and instead need a cox supplied IR cable.  Then how will the logitech remote replace the cisco remote?

MarkM1
      Former Moderator
      Sethm1,

The Contour box receives signal through RF. The cable box can send out an IR signal through that input on the back of the cable box.

Mark M.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
        sethm1
        Contributor

So then the ir blaster that came with the harmony elite hub is plugged into input port/jack (number 7) in the back of the cisco box? And since the size of the jack on tbe logitechs cable is smaller, can i use an adapter so it will fit into that port? Or will using a adapter affect the signal?  Or do I need a specific Cisco ir blaster cable?  The goal is to use the logitech harmony elite to control everything including the cisco/contour 2 box.

is the cisco/contour 2 box rf or ir based?  If its rf then the harmony elite hub (which is also rf) should control the cisco box. And that the ir blaster not needed. Am i right on that?