Forum Discussion

BR225
New Contributor
6 years ago

Contour 2 Volume

I am having a problem with the volume and find the volume very low. Cox has replaced the Contour box twice with no improvement. Is there anyone having the same problem, and if so, how did you correct it?  I can turn the Contour box off and use only my Amazon Fire, turn the volume down to 20, or lower, compared to 45 on the Contour being the same!

14 Replies

viperthunder2
    New Contributor III

Go to your Contour Audio settings and change it from DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 to STEREO. Problem should be resolved. For some reason, the Contour 2 boxes default to Dolby 5.1 which causes low volume.

BR225
      New Contributor

Thanks! I did change both HDMI audio output to stereo and Digital audio output to stereo with very little change in volume.  

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Did you do what I requested above?

• Hi BR225, how do you have the Contour 2 receiver connected to your TV? (Examples: HDMI, component, or other cable type.) Do you have an audio receiver or a sound bar connected? What are the brand and model of your TV? Since you've already checked the Contour 2 audio settings with Technical Support, there may be sound settings within the TV we can explore. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      BR225
      New Contributor

Contour is connected to my TV via HDMI cable. No other audio receiver or soundbar, just the Contour box. My TV is a "Sony Bravia"  model: KDL-4625100. I had no issue with my old Cox HD receiver, or my Amazon Fire. 

Thanks for your help.

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @ BR225

Activate your TV's menu and look for the AUDIO icon --select it and scroll down through the audio settings. See if your Speakers are turned OFF. If they are, turn them back on.

Cox moderator