Forum Discussion

Davidprej
New Contributor
6 years ago

How to watch cox on Chromebook?

I want to stream my Cox channels on my Chromebook.  All I"m finding is instructions to download the Contour app, which will not load on my Chromebook.

3 Replies

• Hi Davidprej, make sure you have the "Block third-party cookies" setting disabled in your browser settings. You will also need to enable cookies, enable JavaScript, and ensure your Adobe Flash Player is up-to-date. The https://watchtv.cox.com/ portal is available to Cox customers who subscribe to Cox TV Essentials (or higher TV package) and the Essential Internet (or higher) tier. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator

Davidprej
      New Contributor

I'm a CPA who administers a 12 PC network (with consulting help) and there's no way I could figure out how to do that stuff in less than 2 to 3 hours.  So...no streaming TV for me.

Becky
        Aaaaw, don't be so hard on yourself, Davidprej! Check your Chrome browser settings using the following the steps:
        Click on the Chrome menu icon on the top right corner of your browser window.
        Click "Settings."
        Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Advanced."
        Scroll down and click "Content Settings."
        Click "Cookies."
        Look for the "Block third-party cookies" setting and ensure it is toggled OFF.
        Click the left arrow next to the "Cookies" heading to return to the Content Settings page.
        Scroll down and click "JavaScript." Make sure the JavaScript toggle is enabled (on). It should display "Allowed (recommended)".
        Click the left arrow next to the "JavaScript" heading to return to the Content Settings page.
        Click "Flash." Make sure Flash is toggled on. It should display "Ask first (recommended)."
        Click the left arrow next to the "Flash" heading to return to the Content Settings page.
        Copy and paste "">https://watchtv.cox.com" into your browser address bar, and then press Enter. What happens? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator