Forum Discussion

narraview
New Contributor
6 years ago

On Demand Listings

Searching for On Demand Movies with the movie art format is very time consuming.  Is there any way to go back to text lists of movies instead?

2 Replies

• Hi Narraview, there isn't a way to view a text list of movies (without the accompanying movie art) on Contour 2. I'm sorry! How do you usually search for movies? You may find that using the Sort feature helps you save time. For example, press the Contour button on your remote control and navigate to On Demand. Select "Movies." Scroll down to the "Free Movies" category and choose the first tile to View All. Once you click on the first tile, the options "Filter" and "Sort" will appear. Press the up arrow and then the right arrow to highlight Sort, and then press OK to see the list of options. Since you prefer a list view of titles, choosing the sort option "A-Z" might be helpful. Alternatively, do you like to watch new releases? Sort by "most recent." The other sort options are Featured, Popular, Critic Score, Audience Score, and For You (recommendations based on your viewing habits). If you subscribe to a premium channel like HBO, you might start your search by choosing “Network” from the main On DEMAND menu. Once you choose HBO, navigate to the Movies option and choose the first tile to View All. Once you click on the first tile, the options "Filter" and "Sort" will appear. Once you become familiar with the ways you can manipulate the menu options, I believe finding On DEMAND movies will become easier for you. Good luck! -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      narraview
      New Contributor

Becky, I must disagree with you about the filter making it easier.  First of all, the filter categories often don't make sense and when one is looking through the 749 films available on HBO on Demand, having to scroll through very limited film art lists is very time consuming.  Bring back the option of text only lists.  You can do it!