Forum Discussion

mbholland
New Contributor
6 years ago

HELP ... Multiple Attempts to Resolve RDK 03033 Error Code have Failed

Help!.... For the last several months I have been trying to find resolution to my RDK 03033 issue that seems to occur nightly with my Contour 2 DVR box.  I have had countless number of technicians come out to my home and attempt to diagnose/fix the issue but to no avail.  The following services have been  performed by technicians in the last 2 months: 1) New line from pole to house was installed 2) 3 different Contour Boxes were installed and tested only to have the RDK03033 issue happen with each one of the boxes 3) New coax cable was ran from the box to the inside of my house to the DVR box 4) Cable Signal strength was tested each time a technician came out and every time the signal is more than sufficient according to Cox standards.  The issue that I continue to have is that every night (usually b/w 8:00PM to 10:00PM), the RDK03033 message will appear when I go to change channels.  The DVR box will lock up and the ONLY way that I can reboot the DVR is to unplug the box as well as the COAX cable. If I do not unplug the Coax cable then the DVR box will get stuck at the "IP ST" stage of the reboot process and will not complete the cycle of rebooting.  Because of this, I am lead to believe that the issue that I am having with my TV is tied somehow to my Internet service (also thru Cox) that is upstream from my house.  The technicians have ruled out there being any kind of issue with the equipment, the outlet in house or the cable from the pole so I am led to think that the issue has to be internet-related.  How do I go about getting someone who can piece together the problems I have been experiencing  to determine what the problem is and propose a resolution?  I have been a Cox Cable customer for over 30 years and I am at the point of discontinuing my cable service simply because I'm paying for service that is sporadic at best.  

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Mbholland, it sounds like you've been through a great deal trying to get this issue resolved. The signal to your DVR is fine, and of all the DVR's metrics are within range. Since you've already replaced the drop to your house, the coax to the DVR, and the DVR itself, I don't think a reset signal from my end will magically end the evening terror RDK error. I'd like to escalate this to our video administrators and see what they can suggest. We will follow up with you as soon as our video team has had a chance to review everything. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Eamderson
    New Contributor

We are having the same problem.  It seems like there is a longer than normal lag for the box to respond.  If you press multiple keys before it responds I think it may appear to need to a reboot.  I was going to exchange my box and see if that helps but it sounds like you tried this and it continues to be a problem.

Becky
      Hi Eamderson, have you had a service call to rule out signal issues? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Eamderson
    New Contributor

We are having the same problem.  It seems like there is a longer than normal lag for the box to respond.  If you press multiple keys before it responds I think it may appear to need to a reboot.  I was going to exchange my box and see if that helps but it sounds like you tried this and it continues to be a problem.

StephanieA
      Former Moderator
      Eamderson,

We were able to review the signals to the receiver and it seems we will need to make an appointment. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with the account details and a link to your post.

StephanieA
      Forum Support Moderator