Forum Discussion

Ben12
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Contour 2 manual recording

In reviewing the ability to do a manual recording...

Has the ability been add to Contour 2 to allow for recording a set channel, date, start and stop time?

I have saw previous postings around this question over the last two years but did not see a resolution post.

• Becky:

There is a way to set a manual recording in Contour 2, but it is not very straight forward. I discovered it by chance. Press Guide on remote. Scroll up or down or enter the channel # you want to record  . Then left arrow to select the channel (white lines appear above and below the channel #). Press OK.  Right arrow to Record and press OK. Down arrow to enter Start time, then Duration, then Date. Up arrow to Confirm and press OK. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Ben12, Contour 2 does not allow for manual recordings as you described. I miss this feature just as you do, and I hope to see a Contour 2 manual recording option at some point in the future. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      keddy
      New Contributor III

Becky:

There is a way to set a manual recording in Contour 2, but it is not very straight forward. I discovered it by chance. Press Guide on remote. Scroll up or down or enter the channel # you want to record  . Then left arrow to select the channel (white lines appear above and below the channel #). Press OK.  Right arrow to Record and press OK. Down arrow to enter Start time, then Duration, then Date. Up arrow to Confirm and press OK. 

Ben12
        New Contributor

Keddy,

Thanks for the information.  I did drop by my local Cox store and tried your suggestion.   YES, it worked!!!!  Thanks again for your help.