Forum Discussion

FWB_customer
New Contributor
6 years ago

DVR Channel Guide showing blocked channels on "Free to Me" setting

One of the things I like most about the new Contour 2 DVRs is the "Free to Me" setting on the channel guide.  However, following the free Showtime weekend we recently had in the Ft Walton Beach, FL area,  my guide still shows 3 of the 6 Showtime channels in the guide (1240, 1244, 1248 - again in the FWB area) and if I select them, it tells me, as expected, that I need to subscribe to Showtime.  I've changed the guide to "All Channels" and other selections, and I've also restarted the box a couple of times to see if this might clear up the glitch.  But it still shows those 3 Showtime channels in the Free to Me guide.

3 Replies

• Hi FWB customer, I apologize that the Showtime channels are still displayed as free. We can probably resolve this by sending an entitlement refresh signal to your host DVR. This would interrupt TV viewing and DVR recording for several minutes while the DVR completes the refresh process. When would be a good time to send this signal? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      FWB_customer
      New Contributor

Thanks Becky, but the problem fixed itself a couple of days ago.  But all is well again.  I'm sure it was just a glitch that needed a little extra time to fix itself.  

Becky
        I'm glad to hear it! Let us know if we can help with any future issues or questions. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator