Forum Discussion

Rooibos
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Contour box picture freezes

My contour dvd box picture freezes every now and then when changing channels or starting a recorded show. The picture is frozen but the audio continues on the new channel.  I see others reoporting the same problem.  Is there a fix in the works?

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Rooibos, those symptoms often indicate the signal to the cable receiver isn't as strong as it needs to be. Make sure all the cable connections to the cable box are finger-tight. Are there any splitters on the coax connection to the cable box? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Rooibos
      New Contributor II

Becky, I highly doubt that this is a signal issue.  Here’s why: it also does this when I start playback of a previously recorded show.  After resetting the box to clear the issue, I can go back and start playback of the EXACT same previously recorded material without any problem. How can that be a signal issue??

never_ends
    New Contributor

THIS HAPPENS TO US ALL THE TIME.  THE TECH WAS HERE AGAIN TODAY AND CHECKED EVERYTHING.....WASN'T GONE 15 MINUTES...I WENT BACK TO WATCH TV.....DOING SAME THING!  I ALREADY RESET MY DVR 2X SINCE.   IT DOESN'T END.  EVERYTHING TIGHT, EVERYTHING CHECKED, HE TOOK SOME CONNECTOR OFF FROM THE CELLAR SAYING NOT NEEDED.  BUT NOTHING BETTER.  RIGHT NOW, AFTER 2X RESET FROM ONLINE RESET, HOLDING FOR NOW....LETS SEE HOW LONG BEFORE AGAIN. IT BLACKS OUT, IT FREEZES, AND BESIDES ALL THIS...THE END OF EVERYTHING THAT RECORDS ON THE DVR...CUTS OFF THE ENDS....LIKE THE TIMES AREN'T IN SYNC.  DON'T SEE OPTIONS TO CHANGE TIME ADJUST

only 1 dvr.   Happens when recording and also when just watching tv.  Tech says signal is great . Tech says DVR is good.  The wiring is all fairly new and good per Tech.  He checked all connectors, line to street, at house,  etc....nothing left to check.   

CarolLM
      Former Moderator
      Hi there, we'd like to take a closer look at this for you, especially since you just had a service appointment. Please reach out to us via Facebook private message, Twitter DM or email at cox.help@cox.com. You may include a link to your forum post, and we'll need your complete address and account name. We look forward to getting this resolved for you. -Thanks, Carol