Forum Discussion

Felipe_Clamor
New Contributor
9 years ago

Cable Card

What is a cable card use for and where do I connect it to get the local digital channels, and why do I have to pay $1.99 a month to get it?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CableCARD

http://www.cox.com/residential/support/tv/article.cox?articleId=ef9633d0-5c33-11df-ed4d-000000000000

CableCARDs are used with a Retail purchased device - List of devices currently supported by the manufacturer

Sorted by most popular and best supported:

1. TiVo DVR (standalone device) Multi-Room option with the TiVo Mini - Includes Cox OnDemand support
    2. SiliconDust HD HomeRun Prime (Windows 7 or 8.1 Pro PC required for use with this device)
    3. Ceton InfiniTV (Windows 7 or 8.1 Pro PC required for use with this device)
    4. Hauppauge WinTV-DCR-2650 (Windows 7 or 8.1 Pro PC required for use with this device)

Discontinued products that should also work, not guaranteed though

TVs are no longer manufactured with a CableCARD

CableCARDs are a leased piece of equipment from Cox, that provide access to Digital Cable when used in a Certified Retail Digital Cable product, so Cox charges a minimal fee of $1.99/mo for use of the CableCARD.

• Hi Felipe,

Bryan provided an excellent answer. If you are comfortable doing the install on your own, you can pick up a CableCARD (and a companion Tuning Adapter) at your closest Cox Solutions Store; we can also mail a CableCARD self-install kit to you. If you'd like a tech to install the CableCARD for you, we can schedule a date to have that done.

Find your closest Solutions Store at www.cox.com/aboutus/contact-us/cox-centers.cox. Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Tecknowhelp
    Valued Contributor II

Byraninphx is god of all things cable card and Tivo related. Seriously man, props. I see you all over the place. A fellow forum addict.