Forum Discussion

dtebow
New Contributor
3 years ago

Why wasn't i offered Battery backup for 911 service: I would like to purchase one to have "FCC Required" 911 Service during Power outages?

'Why wasn't i offered Battery backup for 911 service:  I would like to purchase one to have "FCC Required" 911 Service during Power outages?'      

FCC:

Federal Communications Commission.

ACTION:

Final rule.

SUMMARY:

In this document the Federal Communications Commission (FCC or Commission) adopts rules to promote continued access to 911 during commercial power outages by requiring providers of facilities-based, fixed residential voice services, which are not line powered, to offer subscribers the option to purchase a backup solution capable of 8 hours of standby power, and within three years, an additional solution capable of 24 hours of standby power. The item also promotes consumer education and choice by requiring providers of covered services to disclose to subscribers the following information: availability of backup power sources; service limitations with and without backup power during a power outage; purchase and replacement options; expected backup power duration;) proper usage and storage conditions for the backup power source; subscriber backup power self-testing and monitoring instructions; and backup power warranty details, if any.

2 Replies

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Dtebow,

I apologize that you were not offered a battery backup. I'm here to help. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      dtebow
      New Contributor

I don't have much faith in the battery backup.  I fully powered all your required equipment and still no dial tone, no TV, no Internet.  A battery backup will solve all this (In Writing) and test by cutting the Main breaker ? .;  Won't my GenSet charge the Batter backup therefore  never discharge and thus provide continuous service On Generator and battery backup?