Forum Discussion

OldMainframeGuy
New Contributor III
3 years ago

Is a one-ring call something blocked by Nomorobo?

Lately I've been getting a lot of calls where the phone only rings once; it started happening about a month ago.   Is this Nomorobo blocking calls (that would be nice!).   I thought when Nomorobo blocked a call it would ring twice.

Rob

6 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Do you subscribe to Nomo and have Simultaneous Ring enabled?  If so, Nomo needs 1 ring during Simultaneous Ring to screen and decide to block a call.

The "ring twice" rule is the "time" a phone receives Caller ID info.

OldMainframeGuy
      New Contributor III

I do subscribe to Nomo and simultaneous ring is enabled.   Maybe it was my misunderstanding but I thought that if you heard your phone ring twice (unless the caller just hung up) the call was being blocked by Nomo.   Lately, I'm getting a lot of calls where the phone only rings once.

Allan
        @OldMainframeGuy, If the call is an illegal robocaller, Nomorobo intercepts the call and hangs up for you. Your phone will ring once letting you know that the robocall has been answered and stopped. You can find more information about Nomorobo and how it works here: nomorobo.zendesk.com/.../200536477-How-does-it-work-on-Landlines- -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.