Forum Discussion

navyveteran
New Contributor
3 years ago

Problems with home phone cutting in and out on a Cox line

I have had calls drop, garbled with or without a headset, and have even purchased a new phone that is DECT 6.0.  The base is in close proximity to the router (just replaced it also) and modem. The phone base is about 3 feet from the router and 5 feet from the Cox modem with two other handsets in the house. On calls, I constantly get drops, garbling, and told I sound like I am underwater. I have had Cox out here numerous times with no luck finding problem. I purchased a better headset, but even when not using it, I still have some problems. This issue is intermittent. I have Cox Hub in my backyard, so I am close to it.  This happens on long distant calls the most, as that is the calls I am usually on. The problem is the same as with the previous phone and previous router. In addition, there are times that the Caller ID does not work and just displays 'incoming call'.

PLEASE HELP!

4 Replies

navyveteran
    New Contributor

I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! The problems occur around a certain time of day, roughly 10 am-3 pm. When it started today, I ran a speed test while I was talking on the phone and PING was 29, download was 85.91 Mbps and upload .08 Mbps. When the issue stopped it was 17 PING, download 170 Mbps and upload 10.05 Mbps. (the download should be a lot higher) Last night all was good. Therefore, it has to be on Cox's side. I shall call them (AGAIN) and discuss with them my issue.

• Have you tried plugging a good old 2500 type set (not electronic, pure analog), like everyone had 20 or 30 years ago?

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Aren't all landline phones analog...or do you mean "corded?"

dward5665
        Contributor

Yeah, wired all the way from the wall to through the phone to the handset.