Forum Discussion

antonio1
New Contributor II
4 years ago

COX couldn't transfer my phone number

I moved 4 miles in the same city and asked to keep my land phone number I had for 15 years, always with Cox.

Without hesitation, the operator said "sure we can, sign up for the $10 plan here!".

After 6 weeks and several phone calls and store visits, they told me that they couldn't transfer the number.

Did this happen to anyone else and what did they do? Should I continue wasting my time calling the support center or should I give up and ask for the line to be canceled? I won't be using a phone line if it's not the old number.

4 Replies

bearone2
    Contributor III

if they didn't xfer you probably won't get it back

i gave up home phone service but upgraded to panoramic/500 ultimate at same time.

pano included home phone, new number was issued, couldn't get old number back.

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello Antonio,

That is not how transferring a phone number works. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Please not personally. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

antonio1
      New Contributor II

Thanks Crystal. I am confused. What do you mean "this is not how it works". I let Cox take care of this request when I moved. Is cox.help@cox.com a different customer service I contacted for the last 6 weeks by phone, chat, text, email, and in-person? I've been told that my number transfer was still 'pending' but if these new channels have special powers, I'll give it a try! Thank you.

CrystalS
        Former Moderator
        Hello Antonio,

You are correct. cox.help@cox.com is the Social Media Team. If you email we will certainly look into this matter for you. I can not promise special powers, but I can tell you we will investigate this for you.

Crystal S.
        Cox Support Forum Moderator