This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

COX couldn't transfer my phone number

I moved 4 miles in the same city and asked to keep my land phone number I had for 15 years, always with Cox.

Without hesitation, the operator said "sure we can, sign up for the $10 plan here!".

After 6 weeks and several phone calls and store visits, they told me that they couldn't transfer the number.

Did this happen to anyone else and what did they do? Should I continue wasting my time calling the support center or should I give up and ask for the line to be canceled? I won't be using a phone line if it's not the old number.

Parents
No Data
  • Hello Antonio,

That is not how transferring a phone number works. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Please not personally. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

Children