Forum Discussion

oklajohn
New Contributor II
4 years ago

How to remove a feature from my phone.

I have the feature "Directory Listing Non Published" on my phone which I no longer need or want.  I have tried repeatedly to get it removed, with no success.   Who do I contact to accomplish this?  So far after several phone attempts to remove it, I have not been successful.  I don't care about the $4 but I really would like to call without punching *82 on calls, including calls to Cox 600-8282.  Appreciate any help.  Thanks.  

3 Replies

• Hi Oklajohn,

Thanks for reaching out to us through Cox Forums! So that we can address your specific account questions, we'll need to take the conversation offline. Please email my team at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name, and your complete address. You can also reach out to us on Twitter and Facebook through the links below:

www.facebook.com/.../

https://twitter.com/CoxHelp

Maria
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • It sounds like you may have a caller ID block setup on your account. The "Directory Listing Non Published" just means that your number is not listed in a phone book//directory.  It sounds like we will need to review your account to remove the caller ID block so that you can make calls without needing to dial *82. This will make your caller ID information show up when dialing out to other people though.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator