Forum Discussion

NamVet
New Contributor
4 years ago

Cox Phone Service and Verizon

When Cox ubstalls phone service, do they completely cut the Verizon lines and run a new line from pole as I cant seem to get any signal from the outside network interface? I currently still have Cox phone service so perhaps that is making a difference. Thanks.

4 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

What type of cable...coaxial or fiber...is the wall outlet in your living room...or whichever room connects to the outside NIU?

NamVet
      New Contributor

I have wire inside the house. Cox connected somehow outside. Im just worried they may have cut the lines coming in the house. Ill find out soon enough.

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi NamVet,

We no longer use the Network Interface Units to provide telephone services. Your telephone signal is completely digital at this point which rides on the cable lines that run into your home. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      NamVet
      New Contributor

Thank you Ben for your response; I appreciate it. I guess what I should have said was if I cancel Cox phone service and return the equipment, will my Verizon line will live or os there anything I'd need to do? Thanks again.