Forum Discussion

ncmama
New Contributor
4 years ago

Email service has stopped on iPhone and iMac

Cox email service on my iPhone and iMac stopped 48 hours ago. I can access mail at myemail.cox.net and have verified that my device settings for imap and smtp are correct and unchanged with no forwarding or filters in place.

Internet service is otherwise uninterrupted and Netgear admin shows both devices as connected and allowed. Cox seem to think that the issue is with the Netgear router, but the same wifi supports my husband's mail on both his PC and iPhone. We can use some direction.

4 Replies

bearone2
    Contributor III

what stopped, receiving/sending or both? any message?

Kristyw
    New Contributor

I am having a similar issue, but on my laptop.  I can get email via a Gmail app, but I can't send.  I am getting an authentication error with the SMTP server,

DustinP
      Hello Kristyw,

If you can verify you can send from myemail.cox.net just fine, then I recommend going into the client you use for email on your laptop. Confirm the account email server settings are as they appear to be on our website. If the issue remains, then you may want to try deleting the account from the client and add it back with these settings.

www.cox.com/residential/support/email-server-settings.html

Dustin
      Cox Forum Support Moderator
        Kristyw
        New Contributor

Thanks.  It magically started working again last night.  Used the same settings that you provided while I was having problems as well.