Forum Discussion

bonmonsu
New Contributor
5 years ago

phone line

My phone has been with "no line" for 3 days now. No information from Cox simply there is an outage in my area and they will notify ... how does a huge company like Cox not have more information concerning a PHONE .... we are older and in these times need a phone ... is there anyone else on the coast of California without a landline or know what is going on with Cox?

2 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I agree Cox should be more transparent...and informative...with their outages.  They used to have a Status Page but got rid of it due to bad marketing.

If you have no phone, Google offers a "phone" service in their GMail.  It worked for me during my outage.  Your Caller ID will read San Fransisco but it'll get you through this tough time.

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Bonmonsu, I do not believe this issue is related to the infrastructure upgrade taking place in your area. What lights are blinking on your telephone modem? Is there a phone line connected directly to the back of the modem, where it reads "Tel 1?" Do you have a splitter attached to that coaxial cable? If so, can you please bypass it and see if that resolves the issue?

For additional support, please email us at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator