Forum Discussion

Bruce
Honored Contributor III
5 years ago

Long Distance Calls

With VoIP, is there still a charge for Long Distance calls within the US?  I'm sure calls to Alaska and Hawaii could be justified as Long Distance but I'm just curious how the Internet would be considered long distance.

šŸ”’  Don't lockout this post because I'm questioning costs or charges.  It's not a billing issue.  I only want to know the rationale behind Long Distance calls.  Is there still Long Distance charges, rates, fees, etc

7 Replies

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

I can only call people on the "Cox network?"

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        @Bruce, here is some additional information regarding our telephone service:

www.cox.com/.../about-cox-digital-telephone-service.html

Cox now offers three tiers of telephone service and they are Starter, Economy, and Premier. Our Premier Telephone Service is the only tier that offers free local, local-long distance, and long-distance calls across all of North America, Mexico, Canada, as well as the US territories. We also offer the Simply Worldwide Plan, which is a per line calling plan with competitive rates to 80 percent of international calling destinations. It is perfect for customers that make frequent and occasional international calls.

VoIP (voice over internet protocol) is simply a more modern and up-to-date method of transport for telephone service. For more information regarding your account services, please include a link to this forum thread and email us at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator