Forum Discussion

Gregj83
New Contributor
5 years ago

How do you get Nomorobo installed on phone

I cannot get Nomorobo to install on my account. Cannot figure out where the problem is.

16 Replies

darkhorse
    New Contributor II

I can't get it to verify either. We received a letter from Cox saying our line was ready to set up Nomorobo. I followed the steps exactly, enabled Simultaneous Ring and entered the Nomorobo phone number in Phonetools as indicated. But when I get to the Verify Protection screen on the Nomorobo site, I get a call but the recording says it's either not set up correctly or unable to verify. One instruction says to pick after the third ring, another says to wait until the color bar changes color. Tried both and the same issue.  I checked everything with Cox support and they have no idea why either. Nomorobo is no help, I sent an email but who knows when they will answer as the response is that it can take some time.

Allan
      Hello Darkhorse. I recommend reaching out to Nomorobo' s help desk. According to their website, they have a 24 hour turnaround time for assistance. You can reach them by using the link provided above. Thanks. -Allan Cox Support Forums Moderator.
        darkhorse
        New Contributor II

I contacted Nomorobo a week ago and still have not heard back. The autoresponse I got 10 days ago said their response time is significantly delayed. They have that right!

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

While you're on the phone during your test, not only is Nomo calling you but waiting for a SimRing call from Cox.  It's kinda funny because Nomo is calling you and themselves at the same time.

Anyway, either Cox is not sending (returning) the SimRing to Nomo or you've incorrectly entered the Nomo number in your Cox account.  You wrote to have checked everything and I believe you.

If you have another telephone number (mobile), also enter it into your SimRing list in your Cox account.  This way, you can at least check if SimRing works.

@Greg...double check your entries as Horse.

darkhorse
        New Contributor II

Yes, I called Cox twice to verify I had entered the right number for the simultaneous ring and it's correct. I also added my cell number and that phone rings. So it's a mystery why it doesn't work. Oh well...back to keeping the ringer turned off so we don't have to listen to the constant robo calls.

46fuhrer
      New Contributor

I have the same exact problem. COX has no idea how to fix and NOBOROBO helpdesk does not reply to my emails.  COX should not add a feature it cannot support.

RHoL495
    New Contributor III

Hello Gregj83, darkhorse and others, it has been over two months and my nomo robo for my land line, still does not work. I have followed all suggested URL, in messages replied too. Nomorobo help desk, cox customer service tech, they were  suppose to have submitted a trouble ticket no replies since,  I have had the same problems and results as darkhorse and others. You are wasting your time and resources, all you are going to get is the runaround, very frustrating. Caller ID does not work, Time stamp and date is not correct, you can set and next call it is wrong again, My wife thinks she needs a land line, If I can convince her we do not need a land line anymore, I am going to cancel my phone service period. If the service had any intentions of solving the problem, looks like they would solve it or just tell me they cannot make it work, Sorry for the rant, But enough is enough.

ice

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Even if Nomo did work, it wouldn't work.  Scammers are spoofing numbers only once.  After their first batch of calls, they'll move on to another spoof.  By the time a subscriber reports the number to Nomo, Nomo would be blocking a ghost.  There are 10 billion numbers to spoof and Nomo maintains a list of what...2 million?  The one-and-done numbers have defeated Nomo.

RHoL495
        New Contributor III

Bruce, Thank You for the reply, It still looks like Cox would let me know something in regards to we are going to solve your problem, or the problem cannot be solved sorry, something, How about telling me why caller ID and time stamp is not working. at least I could get a look at the number that is calling to know where to answer it or not to some extent it would help. May be I need an later date phone modem, the one I am using is from several years ago, If so why do they not tell me so ? ??  Again Thank You for your interest, you are appreciated.