Forum Discussion

RHoL495
New Contributor III
5 years ago
Solved

Nomorobo not working and Time Settings on the phone not correct.

Hello, I realize many people are having these same problems. But I want cox to be aware of these problems in my area (918) ( on the Oklahoma State Line East Central Oklahoma )  also. A Telephone conversation with Tech Support on evening of May, 07 Last Tuesday, The tech person and I went through the setup process to verify that I had made the correct entries and info. Nomorobo would not accept my Registration, the tech person said they would submit a ticket to tech support and the problem should be resolved in 24 hours. They have not resolved the problem as yeat, I assume they are over whelmed with this problem. Also the time stamp on caller ID has problems also, you can set the time and date correctly, but after I get a phone call the time appears to be correct, the am, pm changes to the opposite reading and the date advances to the next date, you can reset the time date and the same happens on the next call no matter what time, day or night. I fear there is going to be a lone wait to get things working properly.

• Hi RHol495, here are some additional instructions for setting up the nomorobo service, http://bit.ly/2H16pXh. Also, please ensure you are using phone number 602-598-5130 for the simultaneous ring. Is the Caller ID time stamp incorrect in the Cox Voice App or on the phone itself? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi RHol495, here are some additional instructions for setting up the nomorobo service, http://bit.ly/2H16pXh. Also, please ensure you are using phone number 602-598-5130 for the simultaneous ring. Is the Caller ID time stamp incorrect in the Cox Voice App or on the phone itself? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      RHoL495
      New Contributor III

Hello, KevinM2.  the Tech Support person that I was in contact with, confirmed that I had a Cox Voice phone account. We went over the the setup information and proceidure more than twice, I had all the entries and procedures correct the first time, and several retries before I called tech support, and yes the 602-598-5130 number is what I used as instructed. The time stamp I referred too is on the phone, I am not real sure about the Cox Voice App, I really think there is a problem with the setup of this phone on cox end and might be the reason for the problems, The Tech Person said that the Cox Voice App is working, all I know is the Nnomorobo and time stamp is not working correctly on my phone.Thank You for Your Time.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I don't know about Nomo, but there's been something off with Cox phone service.

I received calls...presumably scams...with empty Caller ID fields.  My equipment could only display the default info if any Caller ID field is missing.  For example, "Unknown Number" on the telephone or "N/A" on the call blocker.  I have zero idea who called.  Caller ID on TV also didn't display or log the calls.

When the Caller ID did work...as well as Caller ID on TV...the call disconnected as soon as I answered.  I could only hear myself saying "hello" within an echo chamber.  I knew who had called so I called back.  The caller said they heard the ringing signal but when I picked up, an announcement said, "...the number is not in service."

I have contractors for HVAC coming next week, so it'll be interesting if they need to call me beforehand.

Jeesh..botched email, telephone and FreeView weekend...what's next?

Pam613
    Contributor II

When someone leaves a message on my phone the # shows up twice & all calls listed have the wrong time........they’re show an hour earlier than when the actual calls came in. 

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Pam613, we'd like for the opportunity to escalate this case again, and have the issue resolved for you. If this interests you, please send us an email at cox.help@cox.com, to get started. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
        Pam613
        Contributor II

No thanks, Kevin. I’m not giving Cox all my personal info again and it took over a month to resolve the issue I was having. It was very tiresome & frustrating to say the least.