Forum Discussion

Mamaluk
New Contributor
6 years ago

TV Caller ID not working. . .again

My TV Caller ID has not working since 1/29/19. I've rebooted the STB and confirmed that the feature is enabled with the remote. This happened earlier this month (1/9/19) and was told by Cox Support that the issue is due to the deactivation of the TV caller ID in the Cleveland market due to inbound/outbound call issues. Is Cox having this issue again?

8 Replies

NMCK
    New Contributor

It is also not working in Southern California ! 

Pam613
    Contributor II

Not only in Cleveland......in RI too, no call history available for 3 weeks!

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Sometimes disabling and re-enabling TV Caller ID fixes it.  If disabling/re-enabling doesn't fix it, you could try combining it with another action.

Disable for 5 minutes
    Disable for 1 hour
    Disable, turn off cable box, re-enable
    Disable, reboot cable box, re-enable

I understand it sounds like BS but it's worked for me.

Johnd578
    New Contributor

Caller ID is out in the Virginia Beach area also. Tried resetting the cable box, but it hasn't come back.

EricaW
      Former Moderator
      Johnd578, NMCK, and PAM 618,

This matter expands to cover Cox Digital Telephone customers in multiple areas, including those you have each mentioned. We are hopeful all will be well soon..

Erica
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
    EricaW
    Former Moderator
    Hi Mamaluk,

That issue does currently affect Cox Digital Telephone customers. I apologize for the inconvenience this means for you. We appreciate your patience while we work toward repairing the issue. A fix will be implemented as soon as possible.

Erica
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

This is why you need a System Status page on Cox.com.  Lots of your customers are expending lots of their time trying to troubleshoot a service you quietly know is is broke.

Pam613
      Contributor II

I was told yesterday that there will not be a fix until Cox switches everyone over to the new voice everywhere platform. Don't know why I've gotten so many different answers in the past 3 weeks.