Forum Discussion

NinjaPat
New Contributor
6 years ago

Phone Not Working After Service Change

I ordered a large bundle from Cox during black Friday.  I told the individual at the store location that I wanted to keep my old phone number.  The service was set up and my phone number did not come over. 

I then called customer support a month later after realizing the phone had not been working.  My phone number had not been transferred over.  I asked that it be moved.  I was told it would be done in a few days.  A week later it is not working still.

When I called customer support they told me it was my fault.  I turned off my old service too soon.  I then called the old provider, and was hung up on...  I called cox back, that individual hung up on me.  I got a hold of another person and they refused to help.

No one is helping me and everyone is giving me, "there is nothing we can do about it."  I am beyond frustrated.  No one told me, at the store or the technician that set up the service, that I had to keep my old service for 2 business weeks. 

Now I am stuck with a service that refuses to help me and technical support hangs up on me.  This has been the worst customer support problem I have ever had.  No offers of help or anything.  Just finger pointing and refusal to help.

Now I don't even want this service.  I don't appreciate how tech support blew me off and billing won't help with the service. 

1 Reply

• Hi NinjaPat,

Thanks for reaching out to us through Cox Forums. We can assist with porting your telephone number to Cox. Please email our team at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name, and complete address.

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator