Forum Discussion

Pam613
Contributor II
6 years ago

Phone tools

Phone tools call history still not working since Jan 8 after repeated calls & chats to Cox. Was told this is a nationwide problem which would be resolved in 72 hours. It was escalated higher up with a ticket #. Still not working.

36 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Pam613, I have confirmed that Phone Tools is recording Call History for other telephony subscribers. I'm unaware of any nationwide problem with Phone Tools. Are you accessing Phone Tools via the Cox Connect App or via a web browser (http://phonetools.cox.com)? Make sure you are logging in with your Cox Primary Username and password. If no calls are being captured in Call History, it's possible the Call History feature is inactive. To reactivate, log in to http://phonetools.cox.com and click on the + sign next to Call History. Once activated, Call History is updated every 15 minutes. Telephone numbers for the following do not appear in Call History: Toll Free, N11 (such as 911, 411, and 511), and Remote Call Forwarding. Also, for an outgoing call to be listed in Call History, the call must be answered or go to voicemail. Calls that are unanswered will not be displayed in Call History. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Pam613
      Contributor II

Becky, I'm accessing it in the connect app & the website........it's still not working & I don't see how you can say it is. Cox checked my phone modem & restarted it all to no avail. All these people reporting it's not working can't be wrong & imagine how many people aren't reporting it. I spent hours on the phone with cox last week for nothing! Between the price increases, lack of security & products not working lately it's time to look for an alternative if this isn't fixed.

Becky
        Hi Pam613, each of my teammates with Cox Digital Telephone confirmed that Call History is recording calls successfully since January 8th. I'd like to take a closer look at what's happening and see if I can resolve this for you. Please email my team at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, address, and a link to this thread. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Pam613
    Contributor II

Is anyone else in the RI area having problems with phone tools not logging incoming or outgoing calls?

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Pam613, we are deeply sorry about the ongoing issues involving your call history. Our records indicate a representative contacted you yesterday and left a voicemail, to confirm a resolution. Can you please check to see if the issue is resolved?

If not, we will continue to take escalate this case until we obtain a resolution. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
        Pam613
        Contributor II

It is not resolved & there was no voice message left from Cox on my phone.