Forum Discussion

Lily2
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Nomorobo Still Not Working

I have had Nomorobo installed since September.  It is still not working.  I have spent hours on the phone with Cox.  After two months they discovered I didn’t have the upgraded service that is required.  They installed it.  It’s still not working.  They won’t do anything more.  They say I need to talk with Nomorobo.  Nomorobo say they have contacted Cox about it. In the meantime, I am getting Robo calls but I refuse to spend one more minute on the phone with Cox.  It is exhausting and discouraging. 

• I have asked all the same questions myself.  No one seems to know.  They did, finally, upgrade my service which is needed for simultaneous rimg.  What no one understands is how I had simulaneous ring with the service before it was upgraded.  The guy from Nomorobo seems to understand but has been unable so far to communicate this to Cox.  I have had the most bizarre conversations with Cox...the last was with a guy who was supposed to give me the cost of upgrading my phone service.  He figured and figured....30 minutes, 40 minutes.  I finally said I coukd not wait any longer and would he call me with the estimate.  He said he would call me by 11.  I never heard from him.  When a Cox person from Atlanta contacted me, he said there was no charge for upgrading the service!  It’s an adventure, that’s for sure.  Now I have the new service.  It tells me that so I,tanelis eing is working and that my number is protected.  No calls are being blocked.  

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

There isn't much to setup Nomo...enable SimRing on Cox, enable Cox number on Nomo, enable Nomo number on Cox and then test it.  If you spent hours on the phone, what could have possibly been overlooked?

I don't understand your "upgraded service" portion.  Is that an eMTA?  If you didn't have an eMTA, SimRing wouldn't have been available in your Cox account.  If SimRing wasn't available, what did you have installed since September?

I'm not a big fan of Nomo because it has flaws and too many variables to troubleshoot.  It is "exhausting and discouraging" so buy a call-blocker.

Lily2
      Contributor

I have asked all the same questions myself.  No one seems to know.  They did, finally, upgrade my service which is needed for simultaneous rimg.  What no one understands is how I had simulaneous ring with the service before it was upgraded.  The guy from Nomorobo seems to understand but has been unable so far to communicate this to Cox.  I have had the most bizarre conversations with Cox...the last was with a guy who was supposed to give me the cost of upgrading my phone service.  He figured and figured....30 minutes, 40 minutes.  I finally said I coukd not wait any longer and would he call me with the estimate.  He said he would call me by 11.  I never heard from him.  When a Cox person from Atlanta contacted me, he said there was no charge for upgrading the service!  It’s an adventure, that’s for sure.  Now I have the new service.  It tells me that so I,tanelis eing is working and that my number is protected.  No calls are being blocked.  

Lily2
        Contributor

Bruce, you do not need to respond.....I was simply responding to your comments..  Yes I could buy a call blocker.  The only thing is I am supposed to, for my 267.00 per month, have robocalls blocked.  I don’t.  And neither Cox nor Robocalls is willing to do anything about it.