Forum Discussion

OldJedi
New Contributor III
6 years ago

I'm being charged for a long distance call each time Nomorobo intercepts a call

I posted this issue last month, but no one from Cox answered me.  I called in and got last month's calls taken off of the bill, and was assured it would not happen again.  I just looked at my last statement online (paperless billing here), and I have 23 charges for Nomorobo intercepts.  I live in Tucson, but when I activated nomorobo I was given a Phoenix number for the simultaneous ring.  Can you either give me a local number for this, or exempt the Phoenix number from the charge?

7 Replies

OldJedi
    New Contributor III

I had to call last night to get a CSR to cancel the LD charges.  Same thing last month.  This time he told me to call back today and speak to Cox Voice CSR.  They were no help.  I asked to be bumped up to next level CSR.  That person assured me that this was a known issue, it was not just me.  She said people all over the country are having this problem.  She said the simultaneous ring number has nothing to do with the charges, and that I could use my cell phone if I wanted to (instead of the one provided) and it would still work.  Total BS.  I had to explain to her how nomorobo worked (the simultaneous ring is calling them to check the database, and if a known spammer, the call is rejected).  She said I had to get an alternate number from Nomorobo, not Cox.  So I'm still getting no where.  And apparently no one at Cox who knows is reading/responding to this forum either.  I guess I'm just going to cut off my landline and go cellular all the way.

MarkM1
      Former Moderator
      OldJedi,

What we are looking at is the number that Nomorobo gave you is a Long distance number from your location. To get this resolved, you will need to have them give you a number that is local to your area. This is the only way to fix this problem for you.

Mark M.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
        OldJedi
        New Contributor III

So you are saying that Cox Communications isn't capable of either mapping that number as a free call, or giving me intrastate calls in general at no cost?  There doesn't seem to be any way of contacting nomorobo human to human, but I have left multiple contact form requests with them and got no response so far.

As many calls as I have made to Cox to resolve this, that's how many different stories I have gotten from Cox.  I've been told it "was a known issue effecting many users", "It doesn't matter which phone numbers you use for simultaneous ring, they do not effect the service", and "why not just pay for unlimited long distance?".  I have always known, and insisted to all the CSRs I talked to that the issue was that I need a local number to use! 

This is a service you offered us, because of tremendous customer demand, and yet you seem completely unwilling to offer any real help at all.

My next interaction will be at the cox store, where I will return my phone modem, and disconnect my phone, and finally will have this fixed.  Subsequent to that I am going to purchase a streaming system and divorce myself from Cox television service as well.  There are companies out there that still value good customer relations, and endeavor to resolve problems, rather than passing the buck and looking for reasons that help cannot be offered.

OldJedi
    New Contributor III

My newest bill posted.  Again, there are 40 LD calls on there, each for nomorobo.  I had to call in (again) to get the credits issued on the account.