Forum Discussion

bugaha50
New Contributor
10 years ago

not receiving emails

For some reason I'm not receiving emails from friends or family that also have cox email addresses.   I do not have them blocked.  Why is this happening?

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

Can you send a email to yourself? Do they get a error message or bounce back? Are you using webmail or a client like Outlook? Last, are you getting any email from Cox.net? Or just not the ones from your friends?

maryseitz
    New Contributor

I'm not getting all my email either--since yesterday. Not necessarily cox addresses.

CDANIEL
    New Contributor

I do not receive al of my emails to my Outlook 2007 account but I do get them on my iPhone now. I believe it has to do with the Cox security suite/McAfee but do not know how to stop or change the settings so it will let emails through. I even emailed myself and it didn't come into Outlook 2007 nor was it in any of my folders.

How can I change the setting in McAfee

StephanieA
    Former Moderator
    Here's a link to help navigate the McAfee Console. There's a link in the article for additional support if you need it. 

http://www.cox.com/residential/support/internet/article.cox?articleId=1b790ae0-3683-11e3-fddb-000000000000

CDANIEL
    New Contributor
    CDANIEL said:

I do not receive al of my emails to my Outlook 2007 account but I do get them on my iPhone now. I believe it has to do with the Cox security suite/McAfee but do not know how to stop or change the settings so it will let emails through. I even emailed myself and it didn't come into Outlook 2007 nor was it in any of my folders.

How can I change the setting in McAfee

**Thanks, I figured it out last night but the system wouldn't let me back into the forum to post an update. The missed emails were sitting in my McAfee anti-spam folder.
  • I'm happy to hear that you were able to find the messages. Thanks for letting us know.