Forum Discussion

softweyr
New Contributor
11 years ago

Why doesn't the COX website work on a Mac?

I'm trying to pay my bill tonight.  I've tried Firefox 28.0, Chrome 33.0.1750.152, and Safari 7.0.3 (9537.75.14).  All up to date, running on up to date Mavericks.  Every time I get redirected to http://ww2.cox.com/ibill/home.cox, the screen is blank.  Firebug shows that the HTML document has HEAD and BODY entities, but both are blank.

I absolutely loathe ever having to deal with Cox, because your support people while usually polite are never competent, but now you've even broken your bill paying website.  Apparently you really, really don't want your customers money.

Aaaaarrrrrrrgh!

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

Why do you think it has anything to do with a Mac? Are you saying it works from a PC?

tonguetwister
    New Contributor III

Having just copied/pasted the link you provided in the address field of Safari 7.0.3 on a MacBook Pro running Mavericks I wound up not being redirected but on the billing page as intended and designed. 

Not that it has anything to do with the issue you're experiencing (in my case there is a zero amount due), but just out of curiosity, how many attempts did you give it before posting? 

• softweyr, 

Typically, getting a blank page when trying to log in to the view/pay bill portion of our website indicates that there's an issue with the login. Are you signing in with an email address other than cox.net? If so, that is the problem.

If you are using a cox.net username, there may be something else going on. Have you moved recently? If so, the ID may still be linked to your former account and in this case you'd simply need to re-register or have the login transferred over to your most recent account.  TO take a closer look at your particular situation I'd need access to your account. Please email cox.help@cox.com with your full address (including city and state) and the username you are signing in with. Also, please reference this forum post in your message.