Forum Discussion

cox_email_only
New Contributor
11 years ago

email only service?

Moving from phoenix to prescott. No service in prescott, can I keep cox email only account or service? Obiviously via using cox webmail? I caled Cox and one person said yes with our virtual email. They transferred me to another dept and they had no idea what I was talking about. Put on hold ... had to go couldn't wait.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    yak
    Contributor III

When i called Cox with this question (last year), they told me that i could keep my Cox webmail for $7.95 a month. 

Edit: I just read a March 13 entry from a Cox employee saying this option is no longer available. Similar question to yours posted on March 13.

DerrickW
    Valued Contributor

HI mikado441,

You can access your email from our website by visiting http://webmail.cox.net, then typing in your email username and password.  You could also setup your email in a program like Outlook, or Windows Mail.  If you wanted information on how to setup your email in an application then you could visit our support site by clicking on the following link - http://ww2.cox.com/residential/support.cox.  Hope this helps, let me know if you had any other questions.

• Hi There, yak is correct. The email-only option is no longer available. If you have another email address--perhaps a Gmail or a Yahoo account--you can set up a rule that within your Cox account that forwards all mail to the Gmail or Yahoo account while the Cox account remains active.
    LLaRock
    New Contributor

Becky, are you saying If we have another email address--perhaps a Gmail or a Yahoo account--we can set up a rule that within your Cox account that forwards all mail to the Gmail or Yahoo account while the Cox account remains active - THEN, once the account is closed, the emails will still forward?

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    Forwarding will only work while the email account is active.  You'll need to notify all of your contacts prior to the account closing in order to prevent missing any messages.