Forum Discussion

MojitoBandito
New Contributor
11 years ago

Cox Webmail won't download new messages while logged in.

I have noticed that when logged into my Cox webmail, new messages that are sent after I am logged in will not refresh.  I have to log out and log back in to see emails that have been sent after I have logged in.  It doesnt matter how long I stay signed in, I will not get new messages until I log out and back in.  I have tested this and its not just a matter of latency in arriving.

This has gone on as long as I can remember.  I am going to call tech support, I am just seeing if anyone also has experienced this and know why, versus being on hold waitng to connect to cox tech support.

thanks in advance

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    EdwardH
    Valued Contributor
    The Webmail site will not refresh messages without some type of interaction as it will just view the page. Clicking on Check mail or refreshing the page for the Inbox should show new messages however without logging in and out of the account. Are you accessing Webmail through the Classic view or Enhanced? ---
  • doesnt refresh when hitting F5 or checking for new emails.  only logging out and back in works

Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

I was unable to duplicate your issue. Using Classic Webmail in Chrome, I was able to send myself a test email, and see it show up in my Inbox by clicking on "Check Mail".

Maybe its a issue with "Check Mail" button? Try right clicking it opening the button in a new tab and see if that works. If so, probably a security feature in your browser. The link that button should be launching is

https://webmail.east.cox.net/do/mail/refreshInbox?update=true

EdwardH
    Valued Contributor
    Is this just messages on the account being logged into or is there a external account setup that is being downloaded into Webmail as well?
    ---