Forum Discussion

coxcustomer60
New Contributor II
11 months ago

CA Lottery Site

For the past 2 months, I have been unable to access www.calottery.com

I think the problem is with a central computer that handles traffic.  Anyone else ever had this issue.  It's really weird.  I can't access on my computer, phone, or tablet.  When I am away from the house, I can't access either.

When I travel to Northern California, it works just fine.  I emailed the lottery who just points fingers at Cox, says I need to delete cookies, reset APP, and a bunch of other BS solutions that don't work.

The last response I got was for them to check their provider like Akamai or Cloud Flare whoever they use to control traffic in Southern California.  No response.

5 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor
    I can't access on my computer, phone, or tablet.

What error do you get? Have you tried from your phone with the wifi disabled?

coxcustomer60
      New Contributor II

Yes, I turned off WI-FI on the phone and the website works.  Sorry for the delay, I just sort of gave up.  I am not a big lotto player but I buy on occasionally.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

What error do you get when you go to the site? I wonder if your IP address changed and you got a IP of someone who is banned. Also, what IP do you get when you ping the website? Trying to rule out DNS.