Forum Discussion

jebediah
New Contributor II
11 months ago
Solved

Cox Upload Speeds and Amazon Device Delays

What is the standard Upload speeds? (I have cox panoramic wifi)

On the speed tests I am running it keeps coming back with upload speeds of less than 1 MBS (like closer to .8MBPS or even less). 

All of my amazon devices are not functioning properly (there are delays or they seem to time out), and when I make submissions on line, forms also time out or give me error messages.  I've unregistered and reconnected the alexa devices and they are still sluggish to respond, or just respond that there is an error when make vocal commands. I've also re-installed windows on my desktop, and that doens't seem to help either.  

My download speeds are seem find, but it just seems like all these problems are due to the upload speed not being high.  Everything was working great up until a couple days ago.  Is there anything else I can try to fix on my own, or is this a tech visit?  Am I correct to think that delayed repsonses or even errors on my Amazon devices are due to slow upload speeds? 

• Can you post a link to your speed test? Also, what are your signal levels? To see them go to 192.168.0.1 > User:admin password:password(unless changed) > Connection > Cox network. Looking for the downstream and upstream power levels. You can either upload a screenshot to Imgur or see here how to post pictures. Overall your downstream should be +5 to -5dB with a SNR above 35. Your upstream should be below 50dB.

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Are you getting 1MBPS or 1Mbps? MegaByte vs Megabit. Also, what speed/tier do you pay for? 500/10Mbps?

jebediah
      New Contributor II

It actually shows up around 90 kbps. So kilobytes.... a lot of websites pull up initially with a message "Hmmm… can't reach this page", and it takes a second for them to load or I have to refresh them and I get lots of error messages on sites that require input (expedia, ebay, etc.) or the pages just hang for awhile and then go to a gray screen.  the download speed usually shows up as 600+ Mbps. 

I have the top tier service (the gigablast one)

YOUR INTERNET SERVICE
      Internet Gigablast
      Up to 1 Gbps download
      Up to 35 Mbps upload
      1.25 TB (1,280 GB) data plan

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

Can you run a speed test on a wired/ethernet system?