Forum Discussion

JeffinLouisiana
Contributor
12 months ago
Solved

Upgrade

Did essential get upgraded to 500 mbps?     Last night it was 250+.    I had a maintaince period from 12 to 6am and a note about an upgrade.    My account still says 250.

• Hi Jeff, it sounds like you have a DOCSIS 3.1 or DOCSIS 3.0 device 16x4 or higher and you subscribe to the Preferred Internet tier. Preferred speeds are 250 Mbps / 10 Mbps. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator

20 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Jeff, it sounds like you have a DOCSIS 3.1 or DOCSIS 3.0 device 16x4 or higher and you subscribe to the Preferred Internet tier. Preferred speeds are 250 Mbps / 10 Mbps. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      JeffinLouisiana
      Contributor

Do my upstream power levels look to high to you?  They used to stay around 45 dbmv but over the past 3 weeks have been going up.

Channel Channel ID Lock Status US Channel Type Frequency Width Power
      1 1 Locked SC-QAM Upstream 36800000 Hz 6400000 Hz 52.0 dBmV
      2 2 Locked SC-QAM Upstream 30400000 Hz 6400000 Hz 53.0 dBmV
      3 3 Locked SC-QAM Upstream 24000000 Hz 6400000 Hz 51.0 dBmV
      4 4 Locked SC-QAM Upstream 17600000 Hz 6400000 Hz 51.0 dBmV

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Do you have any splitters in the house? Looks like noise on the upstream. Have you noticed your upstream frequency has changed since seeing the higher power level?

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

becky Can you comment on the recent upgrade to Preferred 500/50Mbps in some areas? I hear the service won't be called Preferred anymore?

Becky
        Howdy WMO, I haven't heard anything about changes to the Preferred Internet tier. You might be referring to the high-split trials we're running. High-splits will allow us to offer higher upload speeds. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor
    I had a maintaince period from 12 to 6am and a note about an upgrade

What note? Not according to here. You need Ultimate for 500Mbps.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

It reads like a system upgrade or maintenance.  Did the note instruct to reboot your modem?  If you were getting 250+, it could have been "excess capacity."  Meaning, if Cox can afford it, Cox will "widen" your connection.

JeffinLouisiana
      Contributor

Yeah,  not many people seem to know about it,   Must be a local thing.  I have no complaints though.   Here is a speed test.  I feel that there was also CMTS or node work going on in my area.  Speeds were all over the place for a few days.   Upstream power levels are a little higher than they used to be.  No upstream OFDM yet though.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Yes, excess capacity would be a local increase.  You're on the 250 plan?  Enjoy!

HelenInKansas
    New Contributor II

I got the 500 Mbps upgrade on Saturday morning, but upload is still at 10-11 Mbps. My account still says Cox Preferred 250. 

LisaH
      Hi HelenInKansas. I will be glad to help you get this fixed. Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Lisa, how exactly would you fix someone getting FASTER then advertised speed?

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

No clue, my friends in CAG doesn't have any info on that either. 

bigd9834
    New Contributor

Yeah i am on the preferred tier 250/10 and now getting 500/50 here in Phoenix in 85017 zip