Forum Discussion

alawler27
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Unable to Open Live Chat

I'm currently unable to open any live chat windows. When I try to start a live chat to modify my current services, no chat window opens. This is the case on the Manage Services page as well as the Contact Support page that has the Oliver chat information.

I tried a few different browsers but nothing seemed to resolve the issue... any idea how to fix this / if this is an expected maintenance issue that has an ETA for a fix?

• Have you tried from a different computer or a phone? Do you have a Antivirus or anything that is blocking cookies? I just tried and I could open chat, so it is not a outage. If you can't get chat to work, try one of these other contact methods.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried from a different computer or a phone? Do you have a Antivirus or anything that is blocking cookies? I just tried and I could open chat, so it is not a outage. If you can't get chat to work, try one of these other contact methods.

alawler27
      New Contributor

Looks like all the important domains were getting blocked by my pi.hole (which I had considered but hadn't checked yet). I was pretty sure that I had used the chat features with the pi.hole enabled, but there must have been an update since then.

Once I whitelisted a few domains everything seemed to work without issue. Guess I was tripping myself over my own feet.

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

no problem. That's why we help each other.